9.16.2012

a cherry tomato scarf


Our tomato plants are sagging under the weight of plump cherry tomatoes.  It is such a joy to walk out to the garden and see so many of them just waiting to be picked and eaten right there on the spot.


And when I am not in the garden, I have a hook, shuttle or knitting needles in my hands.  

As of late, it has been the needles that are occupying my time --- and trying to find something that is not too difficult, but something that grabs my attention.




And I found a pattern & just loved the way the stitch looked in the book.

The booklet is Variety is the Spice of Knitting & found while scrounging at the thrift store. It is missing some pages --- along with the cover --- but filled with over 100 patterns of super delightful knitted patterns.




And now that I actually finished this experiment of

"Wow!  I wonder if I can even knit that?!" 

it reminded me of the cherry tomatoes that seem to be taking over the garden.

 

I just love the intricacy of knitted lace and am completely floored that with just a few ssk & yo --- voila! you have knitted lace!  And then by repeating that same pattern over and over again, you have just made a scarf.




A cherry tomato scarf. 

Perfect for the approaching autumn season.


20 comments:

Tina said...

It so pretty!! Lovely lace-y work. A splash od autumn colour. xx

Sally said...

Dawn, your knitting is really stunning! That scarf if so beautiful and the yarn is perfect for it! Good job, my friend.

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
danielle said...

This is lovely! Where can get this pattern?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely DIVINE!!! Knitted lace is my favorite and this is a truly lovely pattern. Your work is excellent. Love the color too. And what a find at the thrift store. Gotta love it!

annemarie said...

Absolutely beautiful - love the cherry tomato color. You are inspiring me to give lace knitting a try. I have never attempted it but, after seeing this beauty, I definitely want to give it a try!

Aisyah Helga said...

Lovely scarf & color! I wish I could knit...

Claire said...

Dawn it's just gorgeous. You make it sounds sooooo easy. Was it really that simple?
It looks stunning in red and i'm sure you're going to get lots of compliments and wear out of it.

Claire :}

Anna said...

Love the color...the pattern...and tomatoes...
Have a great week
Hug
Anna

Tatkis said...

Adorable scarf!
So bright and cute!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Everlasting said...

This scarf is absolutly beautiful!!!
I love the pattern st and great color. You are very lucky to have this book and also tomatoes.
My garden is not productive this summer; just 2 tomatoes:(

danielle said...

Yes! Could you possibly send the lace pattern, or tell me where I could find it?

Thanks,
Danielle

heidi said...

what a pretty scarf:)

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, I love the colour, you're right it's so cherry tomato! The pattern is gorgeous, I admire anyone with the patience to knit an entire scarf!

danielle said...

Awesome! Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

J'adore la couleur ! Kisses from France.

pam said...

Definitely the most beautiful shade of red. and Ilove the pattern you are knitting. Thank you so much for sharing.

Penny said...

My goodness, this is simply stunning and so rich in colour like tomatoes, it's almost edible :o) You are one talented lady indeed xox Penelope

God's Kid said...

Love the design!! :) And great color too!! :)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Beautiful!

Is this an actual pattern from the book, or a stitch that you made into a scarf?

Love the color, it's so pretty.

Blessings always