9.09.2009

'take a spin' finish


My Take a Spin doily is now finished.
.
The delicate lacework is so simple, but yet so beautiful in its simplicity.


I couldn't wait to properly block it, but merely ran a steamy iron inches away from the stitches to smooth out the wrinkles.



And I realize that for some -- doilies conjur up musty, old, out-dated, relics stashed away in a trunk, in the attic, surrounded by mothballs. In other words ----> doilies are not *uber-cool in this high-tech, contemporary society......
.
Ha.



They are more than uber-cool in my world.
*(Did you know? The urban dictionary defines uber-cool as supremely chique.)

15 comments:

heidi said...

it's really very lovely!!!

well done!

Tudy said...

It looks great, congrats on finishing it.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Oh ya - uber-cool!!

Evelyn said...

Lovely job!!! Congratulations. I love it.

Unknown said...

Definitely uber cool!

Rachel said...

It's gorgeous!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Oh my gosh this is beautiful...and you are worried about making those socks?!? You are uberly talented!
~Karen~

Twyla and Lindsey said...

It is Very uber-cool to me! Your workmanship is uber-cool too! It's simply breathtaking! Twyla

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for being uber-cool in my book. I thought I was a dinosaur for loving doilies. My house is filled with them. I've made them since I was 11 years old (I'm 51 now)I also have all of my mothers. I love, love, love them.
Patty from Erie, PA

Meggie said...

Lovely! I have some of my grandmother's beautiful crochet work. I wish I had really had the chance to know her.

Tiff said...

I am still ecstatic about the "spray your accidentally bleached shirt with more water/bleach to make it look intentional" idea. I just sorta destroyed a favorite t-shirt of mine yesterday and will be using that tip sometime in the near future!

Tiff said...

Oops... sorry... wrong blog - but everyone should try it anyway!

Ivory Spring said...

Dawn,

This is most most most beautiful! I am in awe at your work!

Anonymous said...

I've just discoverded your blag: you're talented!!!
A french fan Emilie

gloria g said...

Beautiful work! Where might I find this pattern if you don't mind sharing. It is adorable!