9.13.2009

a knitted apple a day


Well. After frogging my knitted socks about 14 times, I figured maybe I set my sights a little too high with those pointy needles and a sock pattern that is geared for experienced knitters.

So, I downsized my expectations and started an easier knitting project.




A knitted apple cloth which can be found here. And I don't know if it was this gorgeous-ly soft cotton yarn that I used -- or this ultra-easy (but still manages to look stunning) pattern or a mind-set that I finally hit upon:
.
This is not crochet. It does not involve the same tools. It does not involve the same stitches.
.
So ---> stop comparing it to crochet!




And just enjoy this for what it is:

a relaxing, soothing way to create cloth with just yarn & needles.

~~




9 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love your apple!!

Sally said...

A stunning cloth! I'm so proud of you...wish I was as good with first-time crochet as you are with beginning knitting...good job!

Sofie said...

so cute !! I take the pattern !!! thanks a lot for this !!!

Tudy said...

I love it and am going to go get the pattern. I have several friends who have apples in their kitchen. Thanks.

QuiltedSimple said...

LOVE your apple. I still cannot master socks, so I'm working on your shrug instead:)
Kris

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You're knitting! I could just knit dishcloths for days. I love it! Your cloth is beautiful. Have a nice week. Twyla

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love this apple Dawn! It's just beautiful. blessings, marlene

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

It looks beautiful! Thanks for the link, I'm going to give this a shot.

Jane S. said...

You did a great job -- that apple really looks good!