1.08.2009

showing some sewing love

(Disclaimer: If your name is Harley ---> Stop reading now.....
you'll ruin the surprise...)
~
I am participating in Dandelion Quilts

Show Some Sewing Love Swap

and this is what is on my 'design table' for that swap.
~
What begins as a blank canvas turns
~
into -penciled in- ideas

& sewn paper-pieced blocks.

Add small stitches of embroidery

& those 3 simple blocks turn into
~
a kitty-approved wall-hanging.
~
(Fabric is bits & pieces from my stash -- mostly Hobby Lobby yardage
& the paper-pieced block patterns come from


12 comments:

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh, this is so sweet. She'll love it. I know I do! You are so very creative.

SewAmy said...

Oh this is so sweet, cute, adorable. I love the pinks, browns, and greens.

Unknown said...

I love it! I also love the fact that your kitty is approving the kitty!

Suzy said...

How cute! Love the color-scheme. :o)

Anonymous said...

SIMPLY LOVELY -- Dawn! I love your fabric choices. You always come up with the most refreshing and energetic color scheme!!

QuiltedSimple said...

How pretty. I love the colors and the embroidery!!!
Kris

Sally said...

Oh, my, that is just too stinkin' cute! I love your creativity...mine is just stuck at the moment...hopefully not for long.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Harley is one lucky person! Twyla

jacquie said...

love the pink and brown and it's so creative and fun!

meggie said...

That is so sweet! Well done you!

Knot Garden said...

Those soft pinks and greens are so pretty. I especially love the centre panel. All beautifully done!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Dawn, this is super cute. I know she will love it.
Keep Stichen'
Bonnie